Ambulance on the VW T5 base
Quality Innovation Function
As a response to the needs and wishes of the users of ambulance and medical transportation vehicles of first-rate quality and adjusted to their demands, S Tempera from Zagreb has begun the production and service of ambulance and medical transportation vehicles in cooperation with BINZ from D-limenau, renowned manufacturer of ambulances. Business-technical cooperation contract has been signed and according to that contract the production in Zagreb started. Designer, controller and production workers in S Tempera completed the training of all phases of designing, production and control of ambulances in BINZ. Only certified components manufactured in BINZ are installed in all the vehicles produced in Zagreb.
In response to the need for safe, flexible and comfortable transport, and with the cooperation with the users, BINZ has designed and developed a concept vehicle on VW T5 base. The T5 combines the robustness, comfort, functionality and reliability in one modern vehicle that is safe, comfortable and economically efficient. Innovative components, premium materials and high-quality manufacturing are the basis for adequate patient transportation, for short- or long-distance journeys.
Depending on your wishes and needs, it is possible to design and manufacture a vehicle according to your needs, or to choose one of the standard models. All design and manufacturing phases are done in S Tempera, starting from the project-planning, design, manufacturing and maintenance.
Tradition, quality, individualisation
Our experience and experts provide you with an opportunity of individualisation of the vehicle, according to your wishes and specific needs. Many of the solutions BINZ has developed in the past are standard practice nowadays.
Our vehicles are not only developed and built under consideration of all safety criteria, standards and guidelines, but also checked accordingly. Crash tests as per EN 1789 for complete vehicles, tensile tests for seats and seat belts, base of the carrying chair, EMC tests and many more are conducted regularly by accredited testing institutions.
TÜV regularly checks and certifies the compliance of our system.
The management system includes the following areas of responsibility: development, production, sales and servicing, so that all of our vehicles and mobile systems for police and emergency service operations, fire service and rescue and their signal and lighting systems are according to the CVH (Vehicle Centre of Croatia) and KBA (Federal German Motor Transport Authority) regulations.
BINZ and S Tempera follow the latest technical standards for quality, as certified by the audits of independent testing institutions.
At BINZ we can fall back on 40 years, and in S Tempera on 12 years of experience in special-purpose vehicle production, using the vast range of experience to consistently achieve top quality and maximum safety for crew and patients.
The interior – Ergonomics and comfort meet functionality
The vehicle interior includes technical and functional planning. Special attention was given to the wishes and comfort of the crew and patients. We also take into account the weight of the equipment to ensure the maximum loading capability. All equipment meets the highest demands with regard to ergonomics, long service life, hygiene and safety. Sound- and heat-insulation are made out of completely recyclable, highly durable materials, with regard to the colour and shape.
The covering of the interior and roof in the patient room is made out of high-quality ABS plastic which is easy to clean and disinfect. Additional benefits of this covering are durability, scratch-proof and “indestructibility”.
Polyurethane flooring in the vehicle is applied by spraying technology and is extremely slip- and dirt- resistant. This flooring will last a lifetime and meet all the requirements for durability and behaviour in case of fire. The surface has a low-temperature flexibility and is resistant to fat, oil and chemicals, easy to maintain and disinfect.
BINZ swivelling chair on the right side
The lumbar support, and the shape of the chair ensure ergonomically correct posture .
- Integrated three-point seat belt
- Notches in the swivelling device allow for positioning in every position
- Seat covers made of high-quality, disinfectant-resistant, easy to maintain artificial leather
- Integrated head support
- Folding seat
- Folding armrests
- If not in use, the seat is swivelled to the side wall
At the roof there are dimmable LED lights, with blue trauma lighting next to the infusion holder, which ensures excellent lighting of the equipment and the entire space.
Microprocessor-controlled electronics, BINZ-ILMTRONIC (CANBUS technology), allows complete control of all relevant functions with one controller, and certain parameters can be customised to the customer’s needs.
Patient room and cabinets are made out of plastic panels, with guaranteed high durability in colour and shape, are light and easy to clean. The optimised cabinet combinations, the trays and mounting possibilities make working in the vehicle a lot easier.
• New BINZ comfort patient bedding, 20g tested as per DIN EN 1789
• Non-skid flooring, disinfectant-resistant as per BRG/DIN 51130
• Easy and fast cleaning flooring, resistant to oil, fat and chemicals due to BINZ technology
• Sound and heat isolation of recyclable materials
• BINZ certified partition between driver and patient room
• Original air-conditioning system, separate for driver and patient room
• Combined Heater/air-conditioning control for the patient room
• Auxiliary fan heater with thermostat
• Roof ventilator for ventilation
• Swing-free infusion holder in the roof
• Cabinet on the left with storage compartments, rails and doors for storing medical equipment and apparatus
• Oxygen bottle cabinet/bearing for 10l bottles with direct access to pressure reducer, two DIN oxygen connectors
• Cardio chair bearing
• Reinforced left side for mounting medical equipment bearings
• BINZ central electronics with easy to clean foil keypad to operate lights and ventilation
• 230 V external current feed
• Current converter 12V to 230 V, 600 W
• Automatic battery charger
• Dimmable LED internal lighting with blue trauma light
• Three interior 230 V sockets, three 12 V sockets and one 12 V incubator socket
• Signalling system with integrated loudspeaker, German sound sequence, urban/rural mode, microphone for announcements
• Two flashing frontal LEDs and LED beacon on the rear
• Preparation for analogue and digital radio (power supply, bearing, antenna)
• Mechanic step on the slide door, automatic or mechanic activation by pedal
Additional equipment (optional)
• Ergonomic air-sprung suspension, with adjustable rear axle height, adapts automatically to loading situation, rear of the vehicle can be lowered for patient entry/exit
• Independent heating (hydronic or air heater) with fresh air suction and thermostat
• Console between the driver and passenger seat with storage components for documents and to install the radio or switch
• Folding aluminium ramp
Our comprehensive services
• Service in Croatia, response within 24 hours
• Pick-up and delivery service
• Fast repair work for components of all manufacturers
• Accident repairs of ambulances and medical transportation vehicles
• Vehicle and upgrade service
• Conversion and renewal